Most of our volunteers and interns are involved in our conservation efforts. We also take volunteers to assist in our customer service, photography, education, marketing and fundraising roles. Our projects contribute to the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We contribute to:
Accommodation on site
Mauritian volunteer programme
Internship: scientific research or other
* Conditions apply: please refer to each section to understand what is included and not.
• English and French are both spoken and written
• Safe and stable country
• Home to the icon of extinction, the dodo, and a catalogue of what not to do to an oceanic island. On the other hand, we also boast some of the greatest conservation success stories having saved species such as the Mauritius Kestrel, Pink Pigeon and Echo Parakeet from extinction.
• Mauritians are friendly and welcoming
• Direct flights from London, Paris, Dubai, Frankfurt, Perth, Durban, Johannesburg, Réunion, Mumbai, Nairobi, Istanbul, Seychelles, Singapore
• Good health-care and infrastructure
• No vaccinations needed
• Year round agreeable climate
• Sun, sand, mountains, and beach activities such as scuba diving, snorkelling, kite-surfing, sea-kayaking, dolphin and whale-watching
• Multi-cultural and inclusive society
• We are leaders in forest conservation in Mauritius
• We manage another conservation site in Mauritius: Vallée de L’Est
• We offer courses in guiding, education, forest restoration, conservation and data management
• We provide hands-on practical training, supported by theory
• You get to live in a tropical native forest.
• Our team is passionate, friendly and has years of experience. Learn More
• We have two conservation sites in Mauritius, one in Rodrigues, and three in Madagascar, collectively comprising of more than 20,000 hectares of wilderness